The Rapid participates in RideLink, a network of area transportation providers. RideLink offers transportation to persons aged 60 or older to any destination, including doctor visits, recreational visits, and shopping trips within Kent County. Providers include Hope Network Transportation, Senior Neighbors, Kent County Community Action, United Methodist Community House and The Rapid. GO
- 1-866-425-3848 (toll-free)
- You must pre-register to use RideLink.
- RideLink passengers are encouraged to make a $2.00 donation per trip. Donations are an important part of this program. The money goes directly back into the program to allow for continued service.
- This service is available Monday through Friday
- Service hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- There is no service on:
- New Year’s Day
- Easter Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Please contact the call center to inquire about any holiday service schedule changes.
- Call center hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Scheduling hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Rides can be scheduled up to a week in advance
- If you need a ride on Monday, you must call no later than noon the previous Friday. If you need a ride the day after a weekday holiday, you must call no later than noon the day before the holiday.
- Rides are scheduled based on availability.
Points of Interest
- There is a two grocery bag-sized parcel limit – no exceptions.
- Trips are scheduled to any address within Kent County.
- Will-call returns are offered for medical appointments only and must be requested no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Only the registered client will be allowed RideLink transportation, escorts are not allowed. Under extreme conditions, a personal care provider may be allowed and will be determined by the RideLink Coordinator.
- Passengers are required to be ready to be picked up 15 minutes before their scheduled time. RideLink has a pickup window of 15 minutes after the scheduled time. Drivers do not go inside buildings for passengers.
RideLink transportation is funded through the Kent County Senior Millage and pre-registration is required. If you prefer, you can call RideLink at 616-774-1288 or toll-free at 1-866-425-3848 and a form will be mailed.