The Rapid participates in RideLink, a network of area transportation providers. RideLink offers transportation to persons aged 60 or older to any destination, including doctor visits, recreational visits, and shopping trips within Kent County. Providers include Hope Network, American Red Cross, Senior Neighbors, ACSET, United Methodist Community House and The Rapid. The Rapid also uses GO!Bus vehicles to provide trips for RideLink.
- 1-866-425-3848 (toll-free)
- You must pre-register to use RideLink.
- RideLink passengers are encouraged to make a $2.00 donation
- This service is available Monday through Friday from
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There is no service on:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- The call-center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rides can be scheduled up to a week in advance, but must be scheduled no later than noon the day before the trip is needed.
- If you need a ride on Monday, you must call no later than noon the previous Friday. If you need a ride the day after a weekday holiday, you must call no later than noon the day before the holiday.
- Rides are scheduled based on availability.
RideLink transportation is funded through the Kent County Senior Millage and pre-registration is required. If you prefer, you can call RideLink at 616-774-1288 or toll-free at 1-866-425-3848 and a form will be mailed.