Tips for Riding GO!Bus
Here are some tips and a few simple rules to make your GO!Bus experience better for you and everyone else who uses it.
When using GO!Bus, you should:
- Write down the day and time of trip when reservation is made.
- Be waiting and watching for the vehicle at the pick-up location at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. In fairness to other passengers, GO!Bus operators will wait 5 minutes or up to the scheduled pick-up time (whichever is later) prior to departing.
- Choose a pick-up and drop-off location that allows the GO!Bus operator to not lose sight of the vehicle when providing assistance to or from the door.
- Wait in a safe, well-lit location.
- Make sure you have the right GO!Bus. If you are departing from a group residence, doctor's office, or any public place, give the operator your name and destination.
- Let the vehicle come to a complete stop before approaching.
- Have the fare ready—ticket or correct change—when boarding the vehicle.
- Allow the operator to assist you in boarding the vehicle; ask for special assistance if you need it.
- Take care of all personal belongings; they are your responsibility.
- Any items found on the vehicle will be returned to base when the route ends for the day. You are responsible for picking up the item at that location during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday).
- Be able to load and unload your own belongings (two grocery size bag limit).
- Wear seatbelt at all times.
- Not eat, drink or smoke in the vehicle.
- Be prepared and able to sit in the vehicle for the shared ride duration.
- Display no disruptive behavior or you risk suspension.
- Not request unscheduled stops.
- Be dressed properly, including shoes and shirts.
- Understand no special requests for specific operators or vehicles can be honored.
- Remember your medication—and bring what you might need if the trip runs late.
- Treat the operator and other passengers with respect and courtesy.
Go!Bus operators will:
- Assist the passenger from the ground floor entry door at their place of pick-up to the vehicle and from the vehicle to the ground floor entry door at their destination. Such assistance cannot interfere with the operator being able to maintain sight of the vehicle.
- Assist wheelchair passengers up/down on step up to 8” in height if it can be done safely, in using the wheelchair lift and in securing the wheelchair to the vehicle.
- Securely tie down wheelchairs.
- Not carry passengers’ belongings.
- Not be required to push wheelchairs through grass, sand, mud, ice or snow, or any other debris.
- Not be required to do any lifting of the passenger.
If your ride is more than 15 minutes overdue, you can call the GO!Bus office at 616-456-6141 for more information.
Tipping of operators is not required, nor permitted.
Concerns about riders’ responsibilities or GO!Bus service should be directed immediately to the GO!Bus office at 616-456-6141 so that appropriate follow-up action can be taken.
Please also review The Rapid's Rules of Conduct.