College & University Students
Riding The Rapid is an easy, affordable, and sustainable to get to and from your college or university campus. See below for more detailed information about area campuses.
- Students, faculty, and staff pay only 25 cents per ride with a valid Aquinas ID.
- Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland) and Route 14 (East Fulton) service the Aquinas College campus.
- Students, faculty, and staff pay only 50 cents per ride with the Calvin Wave card issued and subsidized by the university.
- Both Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland) and Route 24 (Burton Crosstown) have stops near this campus.
Ferris State University
- In partnership with FSU, The Rapid operates a shuttle service, primarily for students, faculty, and staff, between Central Station in Grand Rapids and the FSU campus in Big Rapids.
- FSU students can purchase a semester pass at Ferris that is good on this route only. This service is open to the general public for a fare of $5 per one-way trip.
- You can find the Route 100 schedule here.
- There is no summer service on Route 100.
Grand Rapids Community College
- GRCC students have access to transportation on Route 60 (GRCC Sneden Shuttle) free of charge with a valid GRCC student ID.
- The Silver Line and routes 6, 9, and 13 have stops located near the GRCC campus.
- There is no summer service on Route 60.
Grand Valley State University
- GVSU subsidizes several routes to connect their campus locations.
- Students, faculty, and staff ride for free with a valid GVSU ID.
- There are several Park ‘n’ Ride lots along Lake Michigan Drive to access the Laker Line.