College & University Students
Any college student with a valid college ID can purchase a 10-ride farecard at a reduced cost over adult prices. See below for more detailed information about area campuses.
- Students, faculty, and staff pay only 25 cents per ride with a valid Aquinas ID.
- Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland) and Route 14 (East Fulton) service the Aquinas College campus.
- Students, faculty, and staff pay only 50 cents per ride with Discount Card issued and subsidized by Calvin College.
- Both Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland) and Route 24 (Burton Crosstown) have stops near this campus.
- Both Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland) and Route 13 (Michigan/Fuller) directly serve this campus.
- Several other routes (2, 4, 5, 6, 24, 28) also connect to Davenport's shuttle service between the two area campuses.
Ferris State University
- In partnership with FSU, The Rapid operates a shuttle service, primarily for students, faculty, and staff, between Central Station in Grand Rapids and the FSU campus in Big Rapids.
- FSU students can purchase a semester pass at Ferris that is good on this route only. This service is open to the general public for a fare of $5 per one-way trip.
- Calendar (44 KB, PDF) of Ferris State University Route 100 Service for 2017-2018.
- There is no summer service on Route 100.
Grand Rapids Community College
- GRCC students have access to transportation on Route 60 (GRCC Sneden Shuttle) free of charge with a valid GRCC student ID.
- The Silver Line and routes 6, 9, 13, and 51 have stops located near the GRCC campus.
- There is no summer service on Route 60.
Grand Valley State University
- GVSU subsidizes several routes to connect their campus locations.
- Students, faculty, and staff ride for free with a valid GVSU ID.
- There are several Park ‘n’ Ride lots along Lake Michigan Drive to access Route 50.
- View GVSU's Winter 2018 Schedule here (477 KB, PDF).
SEMESTER BREAK BUS SERVICE HOURS:
- Monday, 5/7/18 - 8/10/18 - Summer 2018 Schedule (312 KB, PDF)
During the summer, there is no service on Route 37, 48 and 85. There is also no weekend service on Route 50.