Tickets & Fares
The Rapid offers a number of different fare types and purchase options to best meet your needs when using the fixed-route system.
The Wave Card is here!
Providing riders with a faster, easier and more convenient way to pay for your fare! Pay-as-you-go value makes travel on The Rapid buses easier than before.
|Single Ride Ticket||10-Ride Ticket||Unlimited 31-Day Pass||Unlimited 7-Day Pass||Unlimited 1-Day Pass|
|Child Under 42” Tall||Free (with paying adult)||—||—||—||—|
* Students must present a valid school ID.
** Requires proof of disability or age 65+. The valid ID for persons with disabilities is a Rapid-issued photo ID card. The Rapid honors half fare for Medicare card holders. Seniors may
Points of Purchase
Transfers were developed to help customers travel conveniently within our system on a single fare. If you have to ride more than one route in one trip, ask the bus operator for a transfer pass when you pay your fare.
- Transfers are free for fare-paying riders.
- You must request a transfer upon boarding.
- Transfers are valid for a two-hour timeframe in which a customer can transfer between three different routes.
- Student transfers are issued to students using a Student 10-Ride pass and are valid for a one-hour timeframe in which a student can transfer once.
- Transfers do not work on the same route they were purchased.
- Transfers should be inserted into the fare box when used.
- If a transfer is used on the Silver Line, it must be validated at a Ticket Vending Machine before riding. When transferring from the Silver Line to a fixed route, your validated Silver Line fare will act as your transfer when boarding the bus.
- A continuation transfer can be requested for routes (Routes: 1, 4, 7, 9, 14, 19) where the bus only passes in only one direction on a street. Ask the operator if you have a question.
In order to qualify for reduced fare on our fixed-route system, one must be age 65 or older, or have a current qualifying disability. All applicants not in The Rapid database must complete and submit a reduced fare application or visit Rapid Central Station. Learn more >
The Rapid will not replace tickets, transfer cards or change cards that have been damaged due to misuse or altered in any way. Tickets and fare are non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Silver Line No Fare Zone
The City of Grand Rapids and Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. have partnered with The Rapid to create a No Fare Zone for the Silver Line, which encompasses all Silver Line stations from Wealthy Street northbound.
No fare is required to ride the Silver Line if you enter and exit within the No Fare Zone. If you begin your ride before entering the No Fare Zone and/or exit after leaving the zone, a valid fare is required.