Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer acts as a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. This position directs and coordinates transit service delivery for the agency.
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Division to ensure the attainment of organizational goals.
- Create The Rapid’s safety vision by guiding and developing safety rules.
- Develop, implement and direct budgets, goals, and business plans.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Assure that subordinate staff receives appropriate guidance, support, and training to enable them to effectively carry out their responsibilities and strengthen their skills and capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with external regulations and The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as an onsite representative of The Rapid in the areas of labor relations, employee grievances, and contract negotiation strategy.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
This position requires entering data such as payroll, benefits and recruiting information into several different databases along with an array of other day-to-day clerical support for the Human Resources department. This position also requires a great deal of confidentiality.
- Assists with processing benefits and payroll
- Assists with background and pre-employment screening
- Assists with tracking, documenting and recording FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation & other programs and benefits
- Manages regulated informational postings
- Ensures employee files are up-to-date and organized
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Department
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. The deadline to apply for this position is Nov. 18, 2019.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.71 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.