Jobs at The Rapid
The Rapid is a great place to work. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
You can also visit our Administrative offices located at 300 Ellsworth Avenue S.W. in Grand Rapids to complete a job application Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Marketing & Communications Internship
The Rapid is seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern to assist with project implementation and technical support. This is a part-time position and hours/duration will depend on availability of the candidate and requirements.
Essential functions include:
- Provide Public Outreach and Marketing Communications department with public outreach.
- Provide content for The Rapid’s social media platforms.
- Assist with Wave Outreach and attend community events.
- Assist in preparing press releases and other media notifications as needed.
- Provide Laker Line Outreach.
- Assist with the public outreach efforts including construction of project information and planning.
- Provide in-house resources for multi-media content development, specifically photography and video services. Includes all phases from inception through final production.
- General research help.
Marketing and Communications Internship Ad (421 KB, PDF)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. The deadline to apply for this position is July 9, 2018.
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-shift Diesel Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in
Parts Room Coordinator
This position provides support to The Rapid's Maintenance and Facilities Departments by placing parts orders for transit buses, automotive vehicles
Second-Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
The Rapid is seeking a second-shift fleet maintenance supervisor to join our team! This is a safety-sensitive position that supervises and coordinates the activities of the technicians on second shift.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of