Jobs at The Rapid
The Rapid is a great place to work. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
You can also visit our Administrative offices located at 300 Ellsworth Avenue S.W. in Grand Rapids to complete a job application Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
- Perform analysis (ridership, productivity, schedules) on both fixed route and demand response systems, and provide recommendations on service improvements.
- Present monthly reports and provide service recommendations to The Rapid Board of Directors.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to ensure the accurate dissemination of information to the general public.
- Manage and direct all department activities, including day to day operations.
- Work with the Operations Department to solicit information regarding route and service changes.
- Compile data for National Transit Database reports.
- Represent The Rapid and coordinate with various intergovernmental committees, meetings, and projects.
- Act as Project Manager of transit planning projects as required.
- Coordinate The Rapid’s bench and shelter installation program and make recommendations as to where additional benches and shelters should be placed.
Senior Planner Job Description (82 KB, PDF)
Senior Planner Manager Job Ad (375 KB, PDF)
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.28 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.