Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer acts as a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. This position directs and coordinates transit service delivery for the agency.
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Division to ensure the attainment of organizational goals.
- Create The Rapid’s safety vision by guiding and developing safety rules.
- Develop, implement and direct budgets, goals, and business plans.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Assure that subordinate staff receives appropriate guidance, support, and training to enable them to effectively carry out their responsibilities and strengthen their skills and capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with external regulations and The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as an onsite representative of The Rapid in the areas of labor relations, employee grievances, and contract negotiation strategy.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to Gregg Moser at moc.srentrapak@resomg. This position will remain open until filled.
Director of Innovation
The Director of Innovation is responsible for improving mobility and accessibility in the region by developing and advancing innovative mobility solutions for The Rapid.
- This position works closely with all departments to develop and implement improvements to service delivery that will enhance the customer experience.
- Collaborates with all departments to conceive and develop emerging technologies, practices, systems, and products to improve the quality of the transportation system and to address mobility challenges.
Forecasts West Michigan’s advanced mobility needs and the systems that will be necessary to support them.
- Oversees research and outreach efforts to ensure no possible advanced technologies are overlooked.
- Maximizes private investments and seeks additional funding for projects from local, state, and federal resources.
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $22.14 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.