Jobs at The Rapid
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Body Shop Technician
The Body Shop Technician is a safety-sensitive position that will perform a full range of body and mechanical repair to a variety of gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuel-powered buses and vehicles.
- The ability to use hand and power tools.
- Inspect vehicle damage and prepare a cost estimate for parts and labor.
- Prime and paint prepared surfaces, using paint sprayers and related tools.
- Remove, repair, and replace damaged sections of vehicle body and related mechanical components.
- Test drive or operate light-duty vehicles, trucks, buses, and support equipment to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure proper working order.
Job Description (195 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (101 KB, PDF)
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $22.14 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
This position assists in the day-to-day operations of the human resource office, assisting the Human Resource Manager, Recruiting and Benefit Administrators as well as the administration of the organizations policies, procedures and programs. This position also requires a great deal of confidentiality.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews/updates policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, Triennial and National Transportation Data updated as needed.
- Employee orientation, development and training, employee recognition programs.
- Assist Benefit Administrator with employee leaves, processing benefits and payroll.
- Update policies as needed.
- Assists with compensation and benefits administration. Assist with company-employee communication.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Maintain performance management and improvement systems.
- Community engagement, manage employee / volunteer programs.
- Employee training files are up-to-date and organized.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Description (131 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (297 KB, PDF)
The Systems Administrator will install, configure, and support the server and network infrastructure and managed services for The Rapid.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Regularly analyze and upgrade systems as needed and recommend replacement schedules based upon hardware and software performance limitations and useful life.
- Plan and implement network security measures using access controls, firewalls, and network segmentation to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications and virus protection software.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages, including support after hours as needed.
- Assist in helpdesk support efforts, ensuring desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively and professionally with internal staff and external partners.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Description (107 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (126 KB, PDF)