Jobs at The Rapid
The Rapid is a great place to work. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
You can also visit our Administrative offices located at 300 Ellsworth Avenue S.W. in Grand Rapids to complete a job application Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Special Services Manager
This position administers and directs The Rapid's special service programs including GO
Essential functions include:
- Formulate, recommend and implement departmental policies.
- Establish departmental goals and oversee attainment of the goals.
- Develop, plan, and administer the department’s operating budget, including the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as necessary.
- Manage and direct all department activities, including day to day operations.
- Ensure all ADA laws are followed regarding service parameters, eligibility, conditions of eligibility, suspensions, denial of services and appeals.
- Oversee the scheduling and facilitation of all appeals to ADA eligibility decisions.
Special Services Manager Job Ad (475 KB, PDF)
Special Services Manager Job Description (98 KB, PDF)
Third-Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
This is a safety-sensitive position that supervises and coordinates the activities of the technicians on
- Supervise, train, and coordinate the work assignments of employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Establish and set goals for employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Inspects completed work and road tests vehicles to ensure the quality of work performed.
- Studies maintenance schedules,
estimateswork hour requirements for job assignments, and schedules work for technicians.
Third-Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor Job Ad (445 KB, PDF)
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.28 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.