Jobs at The Rapid
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Chief Executive Officer
The Rapid is seeking a General Manager/Chief Executive Officer (GM/CEO). This role is responsible for overseeing The Rapid’s daily operations and for shaping and leading the Authority’s strategic long-term vision as well as any planned expansions. The Rapid and its Board of Directors are committed to ensuring that the organization is planning to meet future needs of the community by providing increased transportation options while not compromising the quality of service currently being delivered on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing a large, complex and diverse organization that operates to provide the highest quality of service to its customers. The GM/CEO must possess outstanding leadership and business skills as well as strong financial management, strategic planning, public relations, community relations and governmental relations skills.
View the full job description here (720 KB, PDF).
For additional information or to submit a resume, please contact Gregg A. Moser at moc.cniremahtuark@resomg.
Third-Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
This is a safety-sensitive position that supervises and coordinates the activities of the technicians on the third shift.
- Supervise, train, and coordinate the work assignments of employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Establish and set goals for employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Inspects completed work and road tests vehicles to ensure the quality of work performed.
- Studies maintenance schedules, estimates work hour requirements for job assignments, and schedules work
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. The deadline to apply for this position is November 9, 2020.
The Transportation Supervisor works on a team in conjunction with the Transportation Manager to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of Bus Operators. This includes dispatching, road supervision, and scheduling.
- Ability to perform daily dispatching and related tasks.
- Ability to coordinate trip assignments, monitor radio communications and operators’ adherence to policies
- Ability to maintain records, timesheets, prepare written reports and perform appraisals.
- Possess strong investigative and report writing experience as well as the ability to handle customer issues & disciplinary actions.
- Ability to assist operators with accidents and respond to road calls and breakdowns.
- Have excellent customer service and computer skills, be detail-oriented, an exceptional communicator, and be self-motivated.
- Other duties as assigned.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $22.14 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.