Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer acts as a key member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. This position directs and coordinates transit service delivery for the agency.
- Provide direction and support to the Operations Division to ensure the attainment of organizational goals.
- Create The Rapid’s safety vision by guiding and developing safety rules.
- Develop, implement and direct budgets, goals, and business plans.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Assure that subordinate staff receives appropriate guidance, support, and training to enable them to effectively carry out their responsibilities and strengthen their skills and capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with external regulations and The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Acts as an onsite representative of The Rapid in the areas of labor relations, employee grievances, and contract negotiation strategy.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to Gregg Moser at moc.srentrapak@resomg. This position will remain open until filled.
Director of Innovation
The Director of Innovation is responsible for improving mobility and accessibility in the region by developing and advancing innovative mobility solutions for The Rapid.
- This position works closely with all departments to develop and implement improvements to service delivery that will enhance the customer experience.
- Collaborates with all departments to conceive and develop emerging technologies, practices, systems, and products to improve the quality of the transportation system and to address mobility challenges.
Forecasts West Michigan’s advanced mobility needs and the systems that will be necessary to support them.
- Oversees research and outreach efforts to ensure no possible advanced technologies are overlooked.
- Maximizes private investments and seeks additional funding for projects from local, state, and federal resources.
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
This position will install, configure, and support the server and network infrastructure and managed services for The Rapid.
- Configure, test, and maintain all IT infrastructure including server and network hardware, operating systems, application software, and system configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Regularly analyze and upgrade systems as needed and recommend replacement schedules based upon hardware and software performance limitations and useful life.
- Plan and implement network security measures using access controls, firewalls, and network segmentation to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications and virus protection software.
- Setup computer workstations and account access for users.
- Manage backups and key systems aspects of disaster recovery operations.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively and professionally with internal staff and external partners.
Job Description (127 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (462 KB, PDF)
Please apply with cover letter and resume via e-mail to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
This position is to provide for the needs of the customer departments, procure goods and services that are the best overall value to the agency, encourage maximum competition, and adhere to State and Federal procurement rules and regulations, as well as those of the agency.
- Work with management staff and executive leadership to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage assigned procurement solicitation documents including technical specifications and assist other departments in the purchase of supplies, services, and equipment as requested.
- Manage the preparation of the independent cost or price analysis, sole source requirements, and project documentation that are needed to properly document procurement action.
- Evaluate vendors’ offers, preparing recommendations for staff and Board action.
- Administer the implementation of assigned projects to ensure proper vendor performance and adherence to specifications.
- Suggest modifications to PO software as needed.
- Assist in updating purchasing systems and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of FTA and State procurement rules and regulations.
Job Ad (460 KB, PDF)
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $22.14 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.
Job Description (44 KB, DOC)
Job Ad (4 MB, PDF)