Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Manager of Bus Operator and Maintenance Technician Training
- Lead and effectively manage design, development, and implementation of initial and recurrent training programs for Bus Operators and Maintenance Technicians to sustain service.
- Develop, maintain, and manage the implementation of annual and multi-year plans and schedules for training programs designed to fulfill all training objectives.
- Lead and manage Bus Operator Trainers and Training Coordinators.
- Model and promote an organizational culture of superior customer service, continuous improvement, and high performance for training practices and department oversight.
- Manage CDL license qualification, continuing driver education, and training.
- Establish performance standards for trainers and training programs.
Job Description (236 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (236 KB, PDF)
This position keeps official corporation records and executes administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with other officials by performing the following duties. Write accurate and professional minutes, and communicate effectively and professionally with Board members, employees, and customers.
- The ability to write accurate and professional minutes, and communicate effectively and professionally with Board members, employees, and customers.
- Perform all duties of Board Secretary and liaison to the Board.
- Maintain contract files and coordinate the review of legal documents with counsel, CEO, and Board Officers.
- Manage oversight of activities and tasks as agreed to by the Executive Team and as directed by the CEO.
Executive Administrator Job Description (83 KB, PDF)
Executive Administrator Job Ad (315 KB, PDF)
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.28 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.