Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
This position interacts with GO!Bus customers to provide information in response to inquiries regarding service eligibility, scheduling/reservations, and operations. Maintain system and contract carrier information to handle questions and resolve complaints.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in-person to schedule trip reservations and provide information about services. Verify customer eligibility, cost-share, and program parameters. Resolve customer complaints or forward when appropriate.
- Maintain current and accurate customer records by correctly entering/updating information as required.
- Properly manage and update systems for ride cancelations, changes and customer "no-shows" as reported.
- Act as liaison between customers, carriers, and leadership to ensure quality and timeliness in service.
- Work extensively with the online scheduling system to ensure accuracy in ride requests and bus/route assignments.
- Work closely with paratransit transit scheduler when necessary to accomplish functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Description (81 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (415 KB, PDF)
Please apply here or submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. The deadline to apply to this position is July 31, 2019.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-or-third-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.28 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.