Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Parts Room Administrative Clerk
This position provides support to the Maintenance and Facilities Departments on third shift. The Parts Room Administrative Clerk looks up and issues parts from inventory then places orders for replacement parts.
- Specification of parts from catalogs, stock, retrieve, issue parts and supplies when necessary (includes forklift operation, unloading trucks, and part runs).
- Review receiving documents, prepare and follow purchase order process on all incoming parts and supplies.
- Perform cycle counts when required.
- Provide phone customer service to vendors and employees.
- Maintain record keeping systems for parts and supplies.
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
We're seeking Electrical Technicians for second and third shift openings. This position is responsible for performing electronic fare maintenance, inspections, repairs, and warranty processing needs for The Rapid’s ticket vending machines (TVM’s) and electronic fare technology.
Essential functions include:
- Monitoring of TVM and smart card equipment operation through appropriate software.
- Restocking of all tickets and receipts for TVM’s.
- Assist in maintaining monthly reports on equipment malfunctions, preventative maintenance, and vandalism.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment.
Special Services Manager
The Rapid is seeking a Special Services Manager to administer and direct The Rapid’s special service programs including GO! Bus, RideLink, and Pass, as well as Rapid staff and contract service providers.
- Formulate, recommend and implement departmental policies.
- Establish departmental goals and oversee the attainment of the goals.
- Develop, plan, and administer the department’s operating budget, including the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as necessary.
- Manage and direct all department activities, including day to day operations.
- Work with the Human Resources Department in the recruitment of department employees.
- Ensure all ADA laws are followed regarding service parameters, eligibility, conditions of eligibility, suspensions, denial of services and appeals.
- Oversee the scheduling and facilitation of all appeals to ADA eligibility decisions.
Transit Vehicle Technician
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second-shift Transit Vehicle Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in bench, shop, garage, and fieldwork in dismantling, assembling, installing, maintaining and repairing all units. The applicant should also have knowledge of electrical, engine, transmission, brakes, steering, suspension and axle, body, drivetrain, automotive equipment, and more. The pay for this position starts at $21.28 per hour with a +.45 shift premium after 90 days.
We are seeking bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of the assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.