Jobs at The Rapid
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514 or gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer.
The Rapid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply to all available positions.
Apply for available positions today.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Fare Enforcement Officer
We're seeking four Fare Enforcement Officers to join our team. This position conducts ongoing, random passenger fare check procedures on bus rapid transit routes.
- Approach passengers and request proof of fare payment while riding the Bus Rapid Transit Routes.
- Educate passengers on the fare payment system.
- Encourage fare compliance by providing a highly visible presence.
- Exercise sound judgment to abuse of the self-service fare collection system,
- Issue accurate, complete, and legible citations to passengers not complying with fare regulations.
- Report fare collection equipment malfunctions.
- Assists in enforcement of Rapid rules of conduct on Rapid buses and property.
- Provide general assistance and information about using The Rapid network.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. The deadline to apply for this position is Aug. 12, 2020.
Third-Shift Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
This position works on a team in conjunction with the Transportation Manager to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of Bus Operators. This includes dispatching, road supervision, and scheduling.
- Supervise, train, and coordinate the work assignments of employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Establish and set goals for employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with The Rapid’s policies and procedures.
- Inspects completed work and road tests vehicles to ensure the quality of work performed.
- Studies maintenance schedules, estimates work hour requirements for job assignments, and schedules work for technicians.
Parts Room Coordinator
Provides support to the Maintenance and Facilities departments by placing parts orders for transit buses, automotive vehicles, and other support equipment.
- Assist the Parts Room Supervisor to oversee the ordering, receiving, posting, stocking, and warranties of parts, and supplies, fuel and lube products, tools, tires, bus stop/shelter, janitorial, and capital items.
- Manage inventory and consumable items based on cyclical demands and evolving use.
- Explore cost-saving measures through new vendors/suppliers, alternate parts, or repair solutions. Assist the Parts Room Supervisor in the parts room operation and layout to maximize efficiency.
- Effectively communicate with vendors and employees to obtain parts numbers, order parts, review invoices, and follow-up on invoice credits.
Please submit your resume to gro.diparehtedir@gnitiurcer. This position will remain open until filled.
Job Description (126 KB, PDF)
Job Ad (105 KB, PDF)