Jobs at The Rapid
The Rapid is a great place to work. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to work with a group of people who take pleasure and pride in making an important difference in the lives of others.
Employment listings are updated frequently and include a variety of career opportunities within The Rapid.
If you have any questions about available positions, please contact Human Resources at 616-456-7514.
Sign up to receive notifications when new jobs are posted.
Fare Systems Administrator
We're hiring for the oversight of The Rapid's fare collection activities, which includes The Wave e-fare system.
- Monitor the operation of The Rapid’s WAVE e-fare system.
- Respond to customer issues and provides basic user technical assistance related to existing mobile ticketing app and future electronic fare system via telephone, email or letter for end users, customers, technical analysts, managers, and vendors.
- Assist the IT Department in analyzing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and testing and maintaining the system to ensure optimal system performance.
- Manages the e-fare databases, making necessary changes and edits to ensure
- Make recommendations regarding The Rapid’s fare structure, analyzing the impact of
changes on riders and performing the necessary Title VI analyses of proposed changes.
- Track user reported hardware and software issues and submit trouble tickets. Analyze
trouble report trends and communicate issues and recommended solutions to all
- Serve as a liaison between passengers, institutional users, vendors, internal
departments, field technicians, and management.
- Assist with analysis and evaluation of vendor performance indicators.
- Resolve and respond to user reported electronic fare issues such as the mobile application, electronic fare validators, websites, and ticket vending machines.
- Serves as primary point of contact with the Marketing & Communications Department for customer questions and inquiries involving the ITP e-fare system.
- Prepare and deliver presentations of complex material to The Rapid Board of Directors
and others as necessary.
Fare Systems Administrator Manager Job Description (85 KB, PDF)
Fare Systems Administrator Job Ad (335 KB, PDF)
The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, Oct. 2, 2017.
Submit resume to gro.diparehtedir@eele, fax to 616-774-1286, or fill out an application at our administrative office located at 300 Ellsworth Ave. S.W. Applications are accepted M-F from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Join The Rapid's Maintenance team as a second or third-shift Diesel Technician. We're seeking experienced diesel mechanics with knowledge in
Apply via e-mail with your resume to gro.diparehtedir@eele or in person at our administrative offices.
Third-Shift Tire Technician
We are currently seeking a Tire Technician for third shift. This position handles inventory control of fleet wheels and tires, inspection of fleet wheels and tires,
Part-Time Bus Operators
We are seeking part-time bus operators to join our team. The bus operator position is a safety-sensitive position that requires safe, timely and professional operations of assigned bus on assigned route(s). Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our passengers. May assist passengers with packages, bicycles, luggage, and collection of fares. Maintaining orderly operations and passenger interactions.
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST FILL OUT AN APPLICATION IN PERSON. We are happy to accept a resume with your application. Applications must be filled out on site and will take about 30-45 minutes to complete. You must show your current driver’s license. Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at our Administrative offices located at 300 Ellsworth Avenue S.W. in Grand Rapids.
Part-Time Bus Operator Job Description (44 KB, DOC)
Part-Time Bus Operator Job Flyer (350 KB, PDF)