Rules of Conduct
Rapid property is reserved for use by patrons and customers only and no entry or remaining on the property for any purpose unrelated to this business is allowed. The Rapid is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
A little courtesy goes a long way.
Life's better if we all do the right thing. That's why we are sharing this video with some basic do's and don'ts while riding The Rapid.
No individual may engage in inappropriate conduct on, at or in both the public and non-public areas of Rapid facilities. This includes shelters, bus stops, administrative, operational, maintenance facilities, and buses used to provide fixed route or paratransit services.
You may be under video surveillance. The following are rules and expected behavior at Rapid Central Station, on
The following are examples of behaviors and activities that are prohibited:
- You must pay the correct fare when riding. Have ticket, farecard or money ready prior to getting on the bus
- Reduced fare/specialized fare holders must show operator proper identification to use reduced fare.
- Assaulting a bus operator is a criminal offense. All violators will be prosecuted.
- Proper attire including shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- The Rapid is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Unauthorized property left without permission will be removed.
- Smoking any kind of tobacco product, carrying a lighted or smoldering tobacco product or using any type of electronic cigarettes or vaporizers except in designated areas.
- Distributing or selling counterfeit or stolen fare media.
- Selling or misusing fare media.
- Boarding any bus through the rear exit door (except Silver Line buses), unless told to do so by authorized personnel.
- Leaving bags or packages unattended.
- Blocking aisle ways with inanimate objects.
- Listening to any audio device without headsets/earbuds.
- Taking more than one seat.
- Riding in front of the yellow standee line.
- Customers are limited only to items that can be boarded in a single trip. Items should be kept on their lap or on
floorout of the aisle way.
- Refusal to collapse strollers and carts and placing between the seats. Aisle way and back door must remain clear.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs except for lawfully possessed and unopened alcoholic beverages.
- Carrying open food and beverage containers in vehicles, unless they are re-sealable.
- Possession of weapons of any kind, except as permitted by law.
- Panhandling, soliciting, harassing, annoying, or intimidating any person.
- Disorderly conduct, loud, yelling, or disruptive behavior.
threatof assault, fighting, mock fighting, or roughhousing.
- Running or playing.
- Throwing or playing with objects.
- Spitting, littering, picking trash from receptacles.
- Damaging or defacing property.
- Using obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, inciting, insulting language or gestures.
- Bicycling, rollerblading, or skateboarding, use of scooters or Mopeds or similar devices.
- Use or possession of hoverboards or Segways.
- Standing, sitting, or walking in a way that inconveniences, obstructs, or interferes with others (e.g., blocking doors, feet on seats, obstructing stairs, corridors, platforms, or stations in any manner).
- Any actions that may interfere with or disrupt bus operators or customers.
- Animals, except those used as ADA service animals or transported in a suitable crate or carrier.
- Tampering with any equipment.
- Possession of hazardous, explosive, flammable or corrosive materials such as gasoline, propane, kerosene, poisonous substances, storage batteries, acids or alkalis.
- Urinating or defecating other than in designated restrooms.
- Sleeping at any Rapid property.
- Trespassing or unauthorized presence.
- Engaging in unauthorized commercial activity.
- Posting or affixing signs, advertisements, circulars, handbills, or written material.
- Disobeying or disregarding notices, prohibitions, instructions, or directions on any sign posted.
- Failure or refusal to comply with any lawful order or direction of any Rapid employee, security officer, or any peace officer.
- Any other act or behavior that creates an unsafe condition.
- Any other acts prohibited by law.
Follow the Rules or Risk Expulsion and/or Suspension
If you violate these rules or other federal, state, or local laws on or at a Rapid Transit vehicle or property, Rapid Transit personnel and partner agencies are authorized to evict you from the bus/property and/or ban you from riding and/or allowed on Rapid property for a specific period of time. You may receive verbal notice or written notice of suspension or expulsion from Rapid Transit personnel or its partner agencies. Failure to comply with either may subject you to loss of riding privileges, arrest, and/or prosecution for criminal trespass.
You can obtain more information about Rapid Transit appeal procedures and process by contacting Rapid Transit Security at 616-456-7514.