Notification of Your Rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Rapid is committed to providing all passengers with safe, convenient and comfortable service that is accessible and usable by seniors and people with disabilities. The Rapid fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities.
What is ADA?
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunity and access for persons with disabilities. If you have a complaint about the accessibility of The Rapid or believe you have been discriminated against on the basis of your disability, you can use this form to file a complaint. Please provide all
How do I express a service concern or complaint?
Any person who believes him/herself or any specific class of persons, to be subject to discrimination prohibited by The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may by him/herself or by a representative file a complaint with The Rapid.
A complaint must be filed no later than 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination and contain the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number of the Complainant
- Name, address, phone number and relationship of Representative to Complainant (if applicable)
- Basis of complaint
- Date of the alleged discriminatory act(s)
- Date complaint received by The Rapid
- A statement of the complaint, including specific details, relevant facts, and documentation
Once a complaint has been received they are processed by the following:
- The complainant will be contacted within 48 hours by phone, mail, or email
- The complaint is logged and processed by the ADA officer
- An internal review is conducted within one week of receipt of the complaint
- The complainant will be contacted a second time following the internal review with regard to the findings and necessary actions taken by The Rapid
- ADA complaints are retained for a period of one (1) year.
All of The Rapid's customer information is available in accessible formats upon request.
If you have a complaint about the accessibility of The Rapid or believe you have been discriminated against on the basis of your disability, you can use this form to file a complaint. Please provide all
Please submit ADA complaints, comments, or questions to The Rapid by mail or email:
Special Services Manager
300 Ellsworth SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503