Bicycles on The Rapid
Local Bike Activity Resources
The Kent County Parks Dept.
1500 Scribner Avenue, NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation Dept.
201 Market Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Kentwood City Offices
4900 Breton Road SE
Kentwood, MI 49508
Rapid Wheelmen Bicycle Club
Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition
Take the bus and your bike too!
All Rapid buses are equipped with a double-loading bike rack on the front of each bus. Most two-wheeled bicycles, including children's bikes, will fit on these special racks. Ride your bike to your bus stop, access local bike trails, combine your commute — the freedom is yours. No more spinning your wheels. Now you can take the bus...and your bike too!
How to use the bike racks
- Before loading your bike, be sure all loose items are secured or removed.
- When the bus stops, walk your bike to the front of the bus. Keep toward the curb-side of the street — stay out of the way of traffic.
- Lift the handle to release the rack and lower it into the down position. Listen for the click to make sure it locks in place.
- Place the front tire of your bike in the position marked "FRONT TIRE" and slip your rear tire into the back slot.
- Lift the spring-loaded arm over the front tire — your bike is now loaded. Just board the bus!
To unload your bike, just follow above directions in reverse. Remember to unhook the spring-loaded arm before removing your bike. If yours is the only bike in the rack, please raise the rack into the upright position and make sure it locks.