Bicycles on The Rapid
All buses in The Rapid system are equipped with either a double-loading or triple-loading bike rack that fit most two-wheeled bicycles, including children's bikes.
How to use the bike racks
- Before loading your bike, be sure all loose items are secured or removed.
- When the bus stops, walk your bike to the front of the bus, keeping a safe distance from traffic.
- Lift the handle to release the rack and lower it into the down position. Listen for the click to make sure it locks in place.
- Place the front tire of your bike in the position marked "FRONT TIRE" and slide your rear tire into the back slot.
- Lift the spring-loaded arm over the front tire — your bike is now loaded and you can board the bus as normal.
- To unload your bike at your stop, reverse the directions above. Remember to release the spring-loaded arm before removal.
- Return rack to its upright position and be sure it locks.
- Watch our bike rack video here.
Rules to Remember
- You are responsible for loading and unloading your own bike. The drivers are not able to assist you.
- There is no additional fare for using the racks.
- If you are the first bike on the bus, please use the inner
rack(the one closest to the front of the bus).
- The Rapid is not liable for any damage caused to bikes or bike accessories that are transported.
- Bikes left on the bus and not reclaimed within 30 days will be donated to local charities.