People who live in and around the Greater Grand Rapids area are blogging and expressing their opinion about pubic transit Here are a few that have caught our attention. We encouraging you to join to dialogue.
- May 24 2012Thursday, May 31, 2012, 6:30pm - $ free
A documentary about the design of cities, which looks at the issues and strategies behind urban design and features some of the world's foremost architects, planners, policymakers, builders, and thinkers.
- Dec 8 2010Public transit and walkable neighborhoods are necessary for the creation of a country where families and communities can flourish." When President Obama nominated Congressman Ray LaHood as his Secretary of Transportation, most media outlets paid attentio
- Feb 26 2010
A bloggers take on a PBS documentary on Transit in Detroit called Blueprint America: Moving Detroit Forward. I am not sure what I think about the documentary that ran on PBS Friday night (and repeated early this morning), "Blueprint America: Be
- Feb 25 2010
GRAND RAPIDS, MI (MICHIGAN RADIO) - Transit officials in Grand Rapids are in the final stages of developing a new 20-year master plan. And they're asking for more help to narrow down their priorities. Last fall, the bus system in Grand Rapids, c
- Nov 25 2009
Terron explains four new rider tools now available to Rapid web users. Tools include maps through Google Maps, nearest stop locator, real-time bus status and the latest addition, the mobile version of the website. Watch video and learn more about th
- Nov 12 2009
By Elizabeth Press At the 2009 Rail-Volution conference in Boston, Streetfilms was able to grab a few moments with the political conservative, transit advocate, William Lind. Lind aims to provide "liberal transit advocates" the language to
- Nov 10 2009Public transportation is supposed to be useful, I get that. It's supposed to be convenient and reduce traffic and all that jazz. I know. I know. But you really don't know how well it works until you use it firsthand. Mike Rapin An article from The Rapidi
- Nov 2 2009Listen to two new riders, Katie Kimball and Ryan Vandermeer, share their experiences with trying The Rapid buses for the first time. Watch the video!...
- Oct 29 2009Beth Heinen Bell shares her views on sustainability and public transportation from her perspective Watch the video and hear what she has to say!...
- Aug 12 2009It was my first time riding on our bus system. I find myself telling others to take mass transit, yet I had never ridden the Rapid! That had to end... A blog post by Ryan VanderMeer tells of his first experience riding The Rapid. "On a rainy evening a co