Near-Term Route and Schedule Updates
The enhancements in the first 5 years of the 20-year plan are:
- Improve weekday service so that all routes run at least every 30 minutes (5:00 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.).
- Connect Route 50, GVSU’s main route on Lake Michigan Drive, to Rapid Central Station to increase access and reduce the need for transfers.
- Extend hours so that all routes run until 11:15 p.m. weekday evenings (17 out of 21 routes will run every 30 minutes).
- The seven busiest routes will have 30-minute service until 12:15 a.m.
- Double the number of routes with 15-minute service during morning and afternoon commute hours.
- Run all routes (except Route 17 – Woodland/Airport) until 10:00 on Saturday evenings.
- Operate BRT express service serving Division Avenue, Medical Mile, and downtown Grand Rapids.
Millage Increase (0.35 mills) Breakdown by Enhancement: