Golden Wave Card Giveaway
Please read these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) carefully before entering THE RAPID Golden Wave Card Giveaway Contest (“Contest”). By entering the Contest, you agree that you have read, and are bound by, the terms and conditions set forth below as if you had signed a written contract. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set forth below, you may not enter the Contest. The Sponsor may modify the terms and conditions of these Official Rules as described below, and you agree to familiarize yourself with such modifications by reviewing the “Official Rules” posted at www.ridetherapid.org
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY/VOID WHERE PROHIBITED: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All federal, state and local regulations apply. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is presented as a business promotion of the Sponsor’s business pursuant to Michigan Compiled Law 750.372(2). To the extent the Contest is determined by any regulatory agency to be outside the protection of MCL 750.372(2) or otherwise prohibited by law, it is void.
- NO AFFILIATION WITH FACEBOOK.COM: This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.com, nor is Facebook.com associated with the Contest in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to Facebook.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Rapid, 300 Ellsworth Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins Dec. 15 and will end on Dec. 31 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Entry in the Contest is limited to legal residents of the state of Michigan who are at least 18 years of age or older (hereafter referred to as “Eligible Entrant”). Employees, directors and officers, and the immediate family members of employees of The Rapid are not eligible.
- DESCRIPTION AND HOW TO ENTER AND WIN THE CONTEST:
Ther one way to participate in this contest is as follows:
1. Entry and participation: An Eligible Entrant has found a Golden Wave card from the Sponsor and turns it into the Information Center at Rapid Central Station to redeem their prize.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS, PRIZES/ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS OF WINNING/LIMITATIONS:
A. Selection of Winners: Winners are self-selected as Golden Wave cards are found on vehicles while in service. Those who find Golden Wave Cards are considered winners and can redeem their Golden Wave Card at the Information Center at Rapid Central Station to receive their Grand Prizes before or on Dec. 31.
B. The Grand Prize(s): The Grand Prizes consist of various Wave promotional items. (ARV, $28). Fifty (50) prizes will be awarded to fifty (50) Winners.
C. Substitution/Assignment: The Sponsor will not permit substitution, transfer, assignment or payment of a cash equivalent of the Grand Prize except that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute the Grand Prize with a Grand Prize of equal or greater value as a result of the Grand Prize
D. Odds of winning: The Odds of Winning the Grand Prizes depend on the number of entries received.
F. CONDITIONS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor resulting from any person participating or attempting to participate in the Contest. By entering and/or participating in the Contest, Entrants and/or participants: (a) release the Contest Entities from any and all liability for any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, of any kind caused by their participation, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize; and (b) acknowledge that the Contest Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in
G. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR TERMINATE THE CONTEST: Any attempt by a Contest Entrant or any other individual to tamper with the entry and/or the selection process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of such individuals. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being executed as planned, or unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any suspect entry or Entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
H. DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively through binding arbitration to be held at or near Lansing, Michigan before a single arbitrator selected by mutual agreement of the parties, or, if the parties cannot agree, by selecting from a list provided by the American Arbitration Association (b) any and all claims, judgments
I. INTERPRETATION OF OFFICIAL RULES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation