The Rapid Offers Simplified Travel with Transit App Partnership
The Rapid is introducing its partnership with the Transit app to make navigating its bus system easier. The free app offers features to help new and existing customers better understand traveling by bus.
The partnership provides a top-rated mobility app free of advertising. The clean user design and experience set this app apart. When customers open this free app, they see nearby route options and departure times in big text and bright colors. App users can easily navigate all bus services in the six cities served by The Rapid, aided by the app’s many features.
- Subscription to service alerts – like detours – for your most frequent routes
- step-by-step navigation along with walking directions to bus stops
- Ability to pin your most used bus routes so they always display at the top of the list
- A favorite locations feature for quick directions to your home, work, and other destinations
- GO sessions to get audio or notification guidance throughout your trip – like departure alarms, alerts when your stop is approaching, and real-time bus trackers you can see on the map
- Trip planning with multiple route and transportation options, like biking and walking
- Option to look up directions for when you need to arrive or when you need to depart
- A fun leaderboard feature allowing users to compete for top rider by route
The Rapid’s partnership with Transit offers customers upgraded memberships to Transit Royale. This allows users to see all bus routes, unlimited bus schedules, customizable themes, as well as personalized avatars allowing users to compete for top rider status. The Transit app is available to download through the App Store and Google Play. You can also visit our webpage for additional information and links to the app.
A Commitment to Improved Transportation
“We are committed to providing an excellent customer experience and making bus riding easy for everyone. Customers can have confidence that they are getting on the right bus at the right stop with step-by-step directions to guide them through their travel.”
- Deb Prato, CEO of The Rapid
“Since Guillaume and I started Transit a decade ago, our mission has been to help people get around without their own car. As the company has grown, we’ve always put public transit first, collaborating with our partners across the industry to put everything riders need together in one place. By providing free Royale subscriptions to everyone who rides, we’re working hand-in-hand with our partners at The Rapid to bring the best app experience to riders.”
- Sam Vermette, CEO of Transit app
“The Transit app is a fantastic service for both current customers and those interested in trying public transportation. All you have to do is download the app, plan your trip, and give buses a go. When customers can get simple directions using the Transit app and unlimited bus rides for $47 per month, it’s easy to say goodbye to traffic jams and high gas prices.”
- Amanda Moore, director of communications at The Rapid