Effective Monday, April 6, 2020, The Rapid will implement changes to bus service to minimize crowding, maximize social distancing, and meet ridership demands. Five, high-demand routes will increase weekday service from hourly to running every 30 minutes. All DASH service will be suspended until further notice.
These changes are a result of close monitoring and data analysis of new ridership patterns since the reduced service schedule was implemented on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Following reports and observations of crowding on certain routes at specific times, these changes are being made in an attempt to prioritize the health and safety of The Rapid’s bus operators and riders. These service changes are being put in place to enhance safety, but it is absolutely critical that customers utilize The Rapid for essential travel only and follow social distancing practices.
Routes listed here will operate 30-minute service every weekday (Monday-Friday) from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and 60-minute (hourly) service on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) until further notice:
- Route 1 (Division)
- Route 2 (Kalamazoo)
- Route 4 (Eastern)
- Route 9 (Alpine)
- Route 28 (28th Street)
The following routes will continue to operate 60-minute (hourly) service seven days per week from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. until further notice:
- Route 6 (Eastown/Woodland)
- Route 7 (West Leonard)
- Route 8 (Grandville/Rivertown Crossing)
- Route 10 (Clyde Park)
- Route 11 (Plainfield)
- Route 13 (Michigan Fuller - North)
- Route 15 (East Leonard)
- Route 16 (Wyoming Metro Health Village)
Other route details:
- Silver Line will continue to operate on 30-minute service seven days per week
- Route 50 (GVSU Campus Connector) will operate on 50-minute service seven days per week
- Route 85 (GVSU Campus Circulator) will operate on 25-minute service seven days per week from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Follow updates and news about The Rapid and COVID-19 at ridetherapid.org/coronavirus.
Download the new reduced service schedule bookhere (335 KB, PDF).