Paper tickets are no longer sold at:
- The Information Center at Rapid Central Station
- On buses
- Meijer Stores
- Spartan Stores (D&W and Family Fare)
- Online at ridetherapid.org
How will riders pay their fare?
- Cash – Riders can always pay with cash for a single ride on all buses.
- Wave cards – Wave cards are available for purchase at Rapid Central Station, wave.ridetherapid.org, or at retail locations throughout the service area.
- Paper tickets – We will accept existing paper tickets until summer 2020.
How does The Wave work?
The Wave offers an Adult, ADA, Reduced, Youth, and 10-Ride card option for riders. All you have to do is purchase your card (Adult, Youth & 10-Ride) for a one-time fee of $3. Load money at Rapid Central Station, online, or one of our retail outlets, and tap your card every time you ride the bus. You can also register your Wave card to access the benefits of balance protection if you lose your card, auto-load, and more. The Wave features pay-as-you-go fares–the more you ride, the more you save! Each tap of your Wave card earns towards a day, week, or monthly pass.
When will you stop accepting paper tickets?
In the summer of 2020, we will no longer accept paper tickets. An official date will come next year.
What about cash fares?
You can still use cash to pay your bus fare. However, after summer 2020, riders using cash to pay their fare will not receive a transfer or a change card.
What about non-profit and social service ticket programs?
Special ticket programs will transition from two-ride tickets to single-ride barcodes.
This change does not impact GO!Bus or PASS tickets.