On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, The Rapid will implement a new summer service schedule.
As the Grand Rapids metropolitan region begins to reopen, the agency is working to provide critical transportation services as safely as possible. This summer service schedule is designed to prioritize health and safety while accommodating essential transportation needs with expected increases in ridership, and supporting overall regional economic recovery.
“The Rapid is committed to providing critical public transportation as our community copes with the pandemic and businesses begin to reopen,” said Andrew Johnson, CEO of The Rapid. “We are grateful for our frontline employees who continue to provide essential transportation, and for our passengers who travel safely and responsibly.”
All routes (except Route 19 - Michigan Crosstown) will be back in service on weekdays from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., and the normal weekend schedule will be in effect. Full schedule details are as follows:
Weekday service, Monday - Friday:
- The following routes will run every 15 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and every 30 minutes from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.:
- Silver Line
- Route 1 - Division
- Route 2 - Kalamazoo
- Route 4 - Eastern
- Route 9 - Alpine
- Route 28 - 28th Street
- The following routes will run every 30 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and every 60 minutes from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.:
- Route 5 - Wealthy
- Route 6 - Eastown/Woodland
- Route 7 - West Leonard
- Route 8 - Grandville/Rivertown Crossings
- Route 10 - Clyde Park
- Route 11 - Plainfield
- Route 15 - East Leonard
- Route 16 - Wyoming/Metro Health
- Route 17 - Woodland/Airport
- Route 44 - 44th Street
- The following routes will run every 60 minutes from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.:
- Route 3 - Madison
- Route 12 - West Fulton
- Route 13 - Michigan/Fuller
- Route 14 - East Fulton
- Route 18 - Westside
- Route 24 - Burton
- Route 50 - GVSU Connector will run every 42 minutes from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- All routes (except Route 19 - Michigan Crosstown) will return to their pre-COVID-19 weekend schedules
DASH service runs every 8 minutes from Monday through Saturday:
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- No service on Sunday
The Rapid continues enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures on all vehicles, including nightly high-temperature steam cleaning and disinfection and additional cleaning of high-contact surfaces on buses between runs at Rapid Central Station and Kentwood Station.
The Rapid requests that all riders who are medically able wear a mask while riding the bus. In addition, all riders should continue to practice physical distancing, hand washing and sanitizing, and should follow all other COVID-19 related recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Until further notice, the maximum capacity on all buses will remain at 15 passengers.
View the full summer service schedule book here (92 MB, PDF).
For additional updates and specific schedule information, please visit ridetherapid.org/coronavirus.