Returning to The Rapid as the Community Begins to Reopen
Health and cleaning procedures are in place to ensure a safe ride.
As the state and region begin to reopen in phases over the next few weeks, The Rapid looks forward to providing safe and reliable mobility options for more customers throughout the Grand Rapids metro area.
Since the start of the pandemic crisis, The Rapid has continued to provide critical transportation service to workers and residents for essential trips throughout the region. The Rapid remains committed to providing the safest, cleanest service possible for customers and employees as ridership levels begin to recover. An increased summer service schedule was implemented on May 26 and our enhanced health and safety measures remain in place, including:
- Nightly cleaning and disinfection of all vehicles
- Cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas on buses during daily service at Rapid Central Station and Kentwood Station
- Routinely scheduled deep cleaning of all buses
- Mask requirement for all riders that are medically able to wear one
- Free reusable cloth masks are available at Rapid Central Station for customers
- Mask, glove, face shield, and sanitizer availability for all Bus Operators
“The Rapid will continue to keep our service as safe and clean as possible, and we need our customers to be partners in this effort,” said Andrew Johnson, CEO of The Rapid. “Please continue to wear a mask on the bus, practice physical distancing when possible, wash and sanitize your hands often, and be mindful and respectful of fellow customers and Rapid employees.”
For additional COVID-19 updates and information and resources for returning customers, please visit ridetherapid.org/coronavirus.